If you want to pretend you’re camping, or maybe you want to celebrate winter for just a little bit longer, these cookies are the perfect little treat!
- 12 oz. semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick (8 tblspns) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 jumbo marshmallows
- 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Pour in cooled chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating until just combined after each addition. The mixture should feel like thick cake batter. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop out tablespoon portions of dough and roll between hands to create smooth, uniform balls. Place balls on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly (very important in appearance!).
- Cut marshmallows in half. Break apart Hershey’s bars into equal pieces.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Take out and put piece of chocolate on each cookie. On top of the chocolate, put a marshmallow half, sticky side down.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes, or until marshmallows look toasted. You may choose to broil for a minute or so to get the golden color but keep an eye on them if you choose to do this – they will turn quickly!
- Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Then, enjoy these tasty little buggers!
by Marli Goro